Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Road

Cormac McCarthy's novel The Road is probably one of my all time favorite books. The style, the pacing and the characters set in the bleak aftermath of an unspecified global catastrophe are like nothing I've read before.
For anyone who wants to know what the world would look like without a working ecosystem and a working society should read this.  I would recommend this novel to anyone, really. But especially to those who believe in prepping or being a survivalist as this gives you a very good idea of what it might look like. I've read a couple of other books that are similar, but do not relay quite the images as well - mostly because they aren't written by someone as talented as Cormac McCarthy - who also wrote the novel: No Country for Old Men.
Although you may have only heard of it because of the recent film adaption, which I still haven't brought myself to see (even though I own it) - I would still recommend you to take some time and read the original work.

1 comment: