Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Learning and Watching People Learn

One of my favorite things to do is to watch people build up experience - and I mean that in all walks of life and with just about any skill. People learning how to drive, how to use computers, learning another language, and even shooting and tactical skills.

I've been going through Magpul Dynamics training videos lately, and re-watching some ones I haven't watched in a while. I've always appreciated their attention to every detail and catering and understanding different people's body sizes, lifestyles, etc. They know they can't apply all their training to just a broad spectrum of people without understanding that people are intrinsically unique.

On the flip side I also enjoy watching videos on youtube of people improving their own skills through trial and error such as nuntnfancy or cory07ink (who has been impressively training his girlfriend in all forms of tactics and drills).


For me it's fun to see professionals train and amateurs or civilians learn. You can learn a lot from both kinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment