Friday, June 28, 2013

Endless Projects - The New Home Part II

(Part I)

After much trepidation I decided to have some professionals come and look at this bizarre above-ground sump pit. Two different professionals both stated that they had never seen anything like it before... Who thought it was a good idea to install a sump it in a house addition that's on a concrete slab above ground?

Strange things indeed. Anyway I decided to have it partially filled and properly lined, but left in such a way that if I did ever had flooding issues I could have a sump pump easily installed. Better to be safe than sorry.

Right? Right.

I think now I'll just cover it with some polyurethane sheeting and at least fill and seal the concrete cracks that have been there for what looks like quite some time.
Fiona is clearly excited by this new development

Alright, what's next on the list of things to do with a new (old) house?

No comments:

Post a Comment